This year on the occasion of the new edition of Turin Fashion Week 2020 – DIGITAL (international, independent and innovative format, aimed at emerging brands, young stylists and small and medium-sized enterprises operating in the fashion and textile manufacturing – clothing and accessories sectors), the 5th edition of the B2B Torino Fashion Match 2020, an event of bilateral meetings organized by Unioncamere Piemonte as a partner of the Enterprise Europe Network, a european network aimed at innovation and internationalization, took place from 5 to 8 October of SMEs, and of the Textile and Fashion Sector Group of the EEN network.
This year the pre-organized b2b meetings took place online with b2b sessions and thematic Webinars, the Fashion Talks, with international speakers who offered the participants interesting insights on the following topics:
- Digital Marketing and International
- Woman Empowerment and Gender Equality as Sustainability Issues
- European Support’s Actions for Smes_ Enterprise Europe Network
- IPR Help Desk for Smes
- Circular Fashion and Case Studies
- Digital & Fashion Technology
- Focus Africa
For the “Omnichannel” Talk Rinascente and Camera Buyer Italia presented their activities and digital innovations on the subject.
The following spoke for the Talk “European Support’s Actions for Smes”: EASME, Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises European Commission and DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Unit Tourism, Textiles and Creative Industries, European Commission.
The “Woman Empowerment” panel hosted 7 female entrepreneurs of international importance:
- Ms Bianca Tudor, Founder & CEO ELITE Business Women (Europe)
- Ms. Madiha Rasla President WLC Lebanon (Women Leaders Council of Lebanon), Owner at Darlings Touch
- Ms. Wafa AlObaidat, Chief Executive Officer and Creative Director of Obai and Hill
- Ms. Concetta Spitaleri, Italian businesswoman – high-ranking positions within European leading entertainment, media, telecom and fashion firms
- Ms. Raluca Radu, Country Manager for Romania at ANSWEAR. International E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Specialis
- Ms. Ghadi Ali, Founder/CEO SAUDI FASHION COUNCIL
- Ms. Yasmin Choudhury, CEO and Founder at Lovedesh (UK)
The Talk “Circular Fashion and Case Studies” hosted the Textile and Health Association of Biella, Learn to re-create (UK) and the Cluster Outdoor sport Valley (France) as main speakers and then 6 European companies aimed at sustainable innovation .
For the Talk Digital & Fashion Technology the following took part:
- Fashion Technology Accelerator (Milano)
- Future Fashion Factory, at Royal College of Art (UK)
- DataScouts (AI platform) State of the Art Of Fashion Technology (Belgio)
- EPSON and digital textile printing (UK)
For the Focus Africa we hosted an Anglo-African platform, LOSODE, and the General Manager of Cape Wool (South Africa), as partner of a project that also involves Eurochambres, interested in creating a collaboration with Unioncamere Piemonte and the EEN network for the next edition of b2b Torino fashionmatch 2021 and TFW 2021 and propose a delegation of companies from South Africa in order to facilitate the creation of concrete partnerships.
523 businesses (pmi, fashion designers, expert, consulenti) from 43 countries:
Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh,Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland,, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United State.
26 Piedmontese companies: fashion designers and PMI textile industry
95 co-organizers from EEN network
33 Profiles among buyers | stores | distributors of E-commerce platforms (thanks to the support of: Camera di commercio di Torino, Rinascente Torino and Camera Buyer Italia)
Thanks to b2b and the support of the EEN network, many companies have had the opportunity to meet buyers and create international networks through pre-organized meetings.